*THIS GDPR POLICY IS REVIEWED EVERY 3 YEARS
Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd Privacy Notice
The purpose of this document
- Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
- This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- It applies to STAFF, CLIENTS, PREVIOUS CLIENTS, SUPPLIERS, SUB-CONTRACTORS, FREELANCERS, INTRODUCERS, REFERRAL PARTNERS, JOINT VENTURE PARTNERS, MEMBERS, PROSPECTS.
Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to STAFF, CLIENTS, PREVIOUS CLIENTS, SUPPLIERS, SUB-CONTRACTORS, FREELANCERS, INTRODUCERS, REFERRAL PARTNERS, JOINT VENTURE PARTNERS, MEMBERS, PROSPECTS
. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
MARKETING AND COLLECTING DATA POLICY
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
How is your personal information collected?
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
We collect personal information about STAFF, CLIENTS, PREVIOUS CLIENTS, SUPPLIERS, INTRODUCERS, REFERRAL PARTNERS, JOINT VENTURE PARTNERS, MEMBERS, PROSPECTS such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses through direct contact with the customer or through the Checkatrade, Vaillant or Easysafetycert website process. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including customers, suppliers and other referees or in order to perform other background checks throughout the application process. We may contact you from time to time regarding the future servicing of products we have installed for you.
What about other third parties?
We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
DATA CONTROLLER POLICY
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest [or for official purposes].
Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd uses the information collected from you to perform the contract we have entered into with you to provide you with the benefits of being a Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd CLIENTS, PREVIOUS CLIENTS, SUPPLIERS, INTRODUCERS, REFERRAL PARTNERS, JOINT VENTURE PARTNERS, MEMBERS.
DATA PROCESSOR POLICY
Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd will be acting on the instruction of its client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing a benefit or service) [or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as to ensure the health and safety of our workers)
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd will use such information to identify its visitors. Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd may also collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website.
Our website host is http://www.freevirtualservers.com
Cookies we use:
- __utmb & __utmc
For further information please visit the websites www.aboutcookies.org
HOW LONG WE KEEP DATA AND WHY
Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
HOW WE STORE DATA AND WHO HAS ACCESS TO IT
Data is held in the United Kingdowm using different (multiple) servers. Robin Hill Plumbing and Heating Ltd does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Physical hard copy data is held in files and stored in a secure locked unit. Access to this secured locked unit is limited to Robin Hill, Claire Hill and Bradley Hill.
Electronic data is stored and backed up on hard drives which are locked in a safe.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Claire Hill in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 29 The Green London N21 1HS.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Claire Hill in writing by emailing email@example.com or by post 29 The Green London N21 1HS. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
Data Protection Regulator:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or complete a form at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
Updated October 2018